Anzio Training Camp.
Originally built in 1943 as a transit camp for United States Army anti-aircraft battalions, in 1946 it was taken over by Polish troops from Italy and other Polish troops arrived later.
After the war the camp continued as a Polish civilian settlement until 1964 when those living there were rehoused on a new estate to the north.
In the early 1980’s the site was cleared and in 1983 Anzio Camp was opened there as a training camp for use by the regular army,the TA and scouts.
Finally closing in 2004 as being surplus to requirements by the M.O.D.